Monday, July 13, 2009

Does Creative Commons license allow me to reproduce music on my web design services site?

I design websites for musicians. I have a DEMO site that showcases all the features in my musician websites. One of the features is an integrated site-wide MP3 player. Can I use music registered under a Creative Commons license on this integrated MP3 player? This would be for DEMO purposes. I won't be selling the music just using it to demo how the player works. I will be selling my web design services and packages. Please advice me. Thanks.

Does Creative Commons license allow me to reproduce music on my web design services site?
It depends on the specific terms of the Creative Commons license -- the terms vary, and some allow what you are asking about, and some do not.
Reply:Probably if its public domain any one can use it for any purpose they chose...But you might get in trouble if you sell the music .


No comments:

Post a Comment