Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How do I check how my Web design will look in Internet Explorer when designing with a Mac?

As you tech-savvy people know, there is no more/will be no more Internet Explorer for Mac. Is there an easy way (perhaps emulation) that I can test how my Web designs will look in IE 6/7 on my Mac?

How do I check how my Web design will look in Internet Explorer when designing with a Mac?
Yeah - if you have a computer with XP Professional you can remote desktop into it (download the RDP client from Mactopia - and you'll need an account on the XP box) - then you're essentially on a Windows box.





Or, if you have one of the new intel based macs, just install Windows XP!
Reply:Time to step up and get a Winders box.





Not only would it be handy for checking pages in IE, but you can also use it to host sites you are working on before uploading them to the real server. And it can be IIS or Apache - just like the real world.


No comments:

Post a Comment