Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Which is a better degree for a web design career?

Graphics design or managing information systems? Obviously graphics design leaves the door open for many art related computer careers and obviously managing information systems leads the door open for webmaster, database systems analysis, and management careers. But I don't know which one is particular best for web design.





Please don't say it depends on whether or not I like the design aspect more or the management aspect. Of course, I like the design aspect more - who wouldn't? But everyone tells me the management route is better (in our business based society I suppose) %26amp; the college I'm currently going to has that program... so it's an easier transition. But I do hate having to take all the prereq business courses for that program...





Also, I can't pick both - the institutions I'm looking at have one or the other.

Which is a better degree for a web design career?
Just go with computer science masters you can get really good jobs and make a decent living. Web design is only good if you have a lot of connections because its hard to find a job that pays well. After you complete the site, they let you go.
Reply:TRY KAPLAN UNIVERSITY ONLINE I DO BELIEVE THEY OFFER BOTH-BUSINESS CLASSES AREN'T THAT BAD. I JUST NOW HAVE WENT BACK TO SCHOOL MYSELF AND IT'S BEEN 20+ YEARS SINCE I GRADUATED IF I CAN FLY THROUGH MY BUSINESS CLASSES I KNOW YOU'D BE ABLE TO ALSO. CHECK IT OUT IT CAN'T HURT.


No comments:

Post a Comment