Monday, July 13, 2009

I am learning web design and I want to know how to start offering my services to people?

Basically, for the past year I have immersed myself in web design, and I have learned the good parts of PHP, MySQL, XHTML, CSS, and Photoshop. I may not be an expert, I but I know a thing or two.





I just want to know exactly where I go from here. Not a lot of companies are looking for entry level web designers/web developers, and I just don't know where to go. So what I want to know is where exactly am I supposed to start?

I am learning web design and I want to know how to start offering my services to people?
As a hiring technical manager for a large company, let me give you my two cents...





First, do whatever you can to make yourself visible on the web. Even if it is just your own personal website that has your resume. Experiment on that site to try and make it spectacular with cutting-edge technology. When I see websites like that, it shows me that you take initiative and that you are not afraid to (or unable to) try out new things. I always try to find people that like to "tinker" in computers. To them programming is a passion, not a job.





Second, you should also decide on what your target organization should be--a small organization or a large organization. A small organization will require you to know about a lot of different things, however you probably won't need to have an extremely deep knowledge in any one thing. In a large organization you will need to probably specialize in a single piece of the web development--database, back-end service, front-end design, etc.





Third, specialize. I would pick one or two technologies that you really want to specialize in. For example, say you want to be an expert Flex/Flash programmer. Dig into it and really learn the ins and outs of that technology as well as continually staying abreast of all the developments in that technology.





In the end, just be patient. It took me over 6 months to get a job out of college. I have now been with that company for over 10 years. Continue improving yourself...it will happen.
Reply:You gotto do some free charity or low low cost service to your neighbour, friends, family and outsider for atleast 6 months or year. Once you build your freelance portfolio in your resume. anybody will take you if its good. I did the same way and initially no company generally trust freshers, and even if they trust they pay PEANUTS and less exposure. Rather you will be better in freelance and will develop good self confidence. lemme know if need further advise: gkhanna24@gmail.com

wild flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment